Friday, August 30, 2013

EDLD 5364 Week 1 Reflections

Working in the field of instructional technology I feel that I need to stay up to date with what's happening in education. I teach teachers the uses of technology and how to incorporate it into their daily lessons. What I found was most interesting was the article on social networking technologies (McPheeters, 2009) and his discussion of what he calls "cyborg learning." I was drawn in by his statement that "Learning how to learn will become the new curriculum because what we know will become decreasingly useful as obsolescence becomes as familiar as exhaling." I think he is exactly right. Students today are technology savy. They are constantly on their phones texting, sending and receiving email and doing some type of social networking. We are going to have to step back and let our students use their brains. I also feel that teaching critical thinking early on is essential to this generation.


McPheeters, D. (2009, March). Social Networking Tehnologies in Education, Tech and Learning.
Retrieved February 22, 2011 from
http://www.techlearning.com/article/16250.

No comments:

Post a Comment